"Preserving the future,
one seed at a time."
Please recommend us
Informational Resources for
to Main Map
University of Wisconsin Extension
Short-Season Vegetable Gardening (PDF) - Written for the Pacific NW
but many principles apply.
When It Counts: Growing Food in Hard Times
- by Steve Solomon. This is a more advanced book for those who are serious about raising food. In this volume, Steve explains why intensive gardening methods are not natural and therefore require great amounts of energy and effort to maintain. A lot of information regarding soil health and cover cropping is included.
Places to Visit:
Cofrin Memorial Arboretum -
University of Wisconsin-Green Bay, 2420 Nicolet Drive,
Green Bay, WI 54311
Green Bay Botanical Garden - 2600 Larsen Road,
Green Bay, WI
Hawthorn Hollow Nature Sanctuary & Arboretum
- 880 Green Bay Road (Highway 31), Kenosha, WI 53144
Memorial Park Arboretum and Gardens/Scheig Learning Center
- Appleton Memorial Park, 1313 E. Witzke Blvd., Appleton,
Olbrich Botanical Gardens - 3330 Atwood Avenue,
Madison, WI 53704
Old World Wisconsin - S103 W37890
Highway 67, Eagle, WI 53119
Paine Art Center and Arboretum
- 1410 Algoma Boulevard, Oshkosh, WI 54901
University of Wisconsin Arboretum and Longenecker Gardens
- 1207 Seminole Highway, Madison, WI 53711
Wisconsin-Madison Spooner Agricultural Research Station Demonstration Garden
- W6646 Highway 70, Spooner, WI 54801
Please help make this site better . . . Report outdated links and please make suggestions!