"Preserving the future,
one seed at a time."
Please recommend us
Informational Resources for
to Main Map
University of Nebraska Cooperative Extensions
When It Counts: Growing Food in Hard Times
- by Steve Solomon. This is a more advanced book for those who are serious about raising food. In this volume, Steve explains why intensive gardening methods are not natural and therefore require great amounts of energy and effort to maintain. A lot of information regarding soil health and cover cropping is included.
Places to Visit:
Alice Abel Arboretum - Nebraska
Wesleyan University, 5000 St. Paul, Lincoln, NE
Clemons Park Arboretum - 16th
and Garden City Road, Fremont, NE
Lauritzen Gardens, Omahas Botanical Center
- 100 Bancroft Street, Omaha, NE 68108
Museum of the Fur Trade Heirloom Indian Garden
- 6321Highway 20 (3 miles east of Chadron), Chadron,
Nebraska College of Technical Agriculture Arboretum
- 404 East 7th Street, Curtis, NE 69025
University of Nebraska-Lincoln Botanical Garden and Arboretum
- 35th and Holdrege Streets, Lincoln, NE 68588
Please help make this site better . . . Report outdated links and please make suggestions!