"Preserving the future,
one seed at a time."
Please recommend us
Informational Resources for
to Main Map
Professional Education Programs,
University of Minnesota Extension Service
Short-Season Vegetable Gardening (PDF) - Written for the Pacific NW
but many principles apply.
When It Counts: Growing Food in Hard Times
- by Steve Solomon. This is a more advanced book for those who are serious about raising food. In this volume, Steve explains why intensive gardening methods are not natural and therefore require great amounts of energy and effort to maintain. A lot of information regarding soil health and cover cropping is included.
Places to Visit:
Como Park (Marjorie McNeeley) Conservatory
- 1325 Aida Place, St. Paul, MN 55103
Florence Bakken Medicinal Gardens
- The Bakken Museum of Electricity, 3537 Zenith Avenue S.,
Minneapolis, MN 55416
Gardens at the North Central Research and Outreach Center
- 1861 E. Highway 169, Grand Rapids, MN 55744
Farm Museum of Pioneer and Dakota Life - 2097
West Larpenteur Ave., St. Paul, MN 55113
Horticultural Gardens at West Central Research and Outreach
Center - 46353 State Highway 329,
Morris, MN 56267
Jo Ryo En Japanese Garden -
Carleton College, 1st St., Northfield, MN 55057
Minnesota Landscape Arboretum -
University of Minnesota, 3675 Arboretum Drive, Chanhassen,
Oliver H. Kelley Farm - 15788 Kelley Farm Rd.,
Elk River, MN 55330
Stoppel Farm at the History Center of Olmsted County
- 1195 West Circle Drive SW, Rochester, MN 55902
Please help make this site better . . . Report outdated links and please make suggestions!