"Preserving the future,
one seed at a time." ™
Our Newsletter Archive
Links to Sites
Period Specific Gardens
Museum - Monterey, Massachusetts
- Circa 1750. The gardens demonstrate early colonial style as
well as 19th century Shaker vegetable gardening.
Garfield Farm and Inn Museum
- LaFox, Illinois - Circa 1840. Consists of 281 acres with 45
acres in wetlands, savanna and prairie.
Urbandale, Iowa - A 300 year tour or life and agriculture in
Iowa. From a circa 1700 Indian village to an 1850 pioneer farm
to a bustling 1875 community to a 1900 farm to a 20th century
Oliver Kelley Farmyard Kitchen Garden
- Elk River, Minnesota - Mid-19th Century farmstead and gardens.
Old Sturbridge Village
- Sturbridge, Massachusetts - Late 18th Century, 200 acre, working village.
the Farnsley-Moremen Landing - Louisville,
Kentucky - 19th century Ohio River farm.
Stratford Hall Plantation
Virginia - Historic home of General Robert E. Lee.
- Historic Home of Thomas Jefferson
Strawbery Banke - Portsmouth, NH - They maintain several
properties and period gardens in the area. Their scholarly
researched and presented gardens span from a circa 1710 kitchen garden
to a 1943 Victory Garden. Their main web site is
- Gresham, Oregon - Circa 1874 Farm
Lists of Sites and Related Resources
This information is not
an endorsement or recommendation of service. It is simply a listing of
various web sites for sites that reportedly maintain period specific
Victory Seed Company is not associated with any of these organizations.